Darlington Young Carers Service
Here for you if you're aged from 5 to 25 and are caring for someone in Darlington
We're here to help
You may be looking after your mum or dad, brother or sister, a grandparent or another relative or friend. You may have to care for them because they’re disabled, have chronic illness, mental health problems, drug or alcohol problem or other conditions.
Your caring responsibilities may make school attendance, your social life and making and keeping friends more difficult.
We help you access the support your family needs and give you an opportunity to meet people in a similar place as you. We want to know what your goals and aspirations are so we can help you reach them.
We can help with:
- support to identify future goals and aspirations
- advocacy (speaking on your behalf)
- one to one support
- information, advice and guidance
- activities to give you a break from your caring role
- meeting people in a similar situation as you
- support to access other services
Our service is free and confidential. Just call our friendly staff or get someone you know to contact us.
Find out more about us and what we are up to on Instagram.